Professional Development SeminarsDelivered by highly experienced Socomec Critical System Application Engineers and ideally suited to Electrical and Mechanical design/development engineers.
Hosted at your offices and including participants from 4 to 40, you will receive an individual presentation pack and a CPD certificate on completion.
Seminar Length- maximum 1 hour and organised around your schedule.
We currently offer 7 certified CPD seminars
General introduction to UPS system
- Identifying the need for UPSs.
- Basic operation and building blocks of a UPS system.
- Comparison of UPS technologies.
- Energy Storage options.
- Adding System Redundancy
- Communication and Monitoring options.
Earthing and Neutrals within Transformer and Transformer-less UPS
- How the type of installations will affect the operation of the UPS.
- How the Earth and Neutral connect to the UPS.
- How different topographies of UPS manage the Neutral.
- Potential problems.
- Possible solutions
The application of 3 and 4 Pole STS units
- Identification of the need for STSs.
- The application of 3 Pole STSs.
- The application of 4 Pole STSs.
- The operation of ‘ATSM’ – Advanced Transformer Switching Management.
- The application of a ‘ATSM’
Identify wasted energy, help reduce costs and cut carbon emissions with 3 key components:
- Meters and monitoring devices.
- Communication & data capture.
Power Quality Monitoring: causes, effects & solutions
Understand the causes:
- crest factors
- electrical events
- power factor
- See the effects
- Learn the solution to power quality issues
- Understand the causes:
Automatic Transfer Switch essentials
- Understand where ATS are required and how to implement them
- Make decisions regarding when to include a bypass
- Requirements for ATS (critical loads)
- ATS application (location, timers, example of a changeover cycle)
- ATS standards (BS 60947-6-1, BS 9999:2008, BS 8519:2010)
- ATS Bypass
- ATS technologies (contactor, circuit breaker, switch)
Why and Where to use Fuse Protection?
- Fuse solution against circuit breakers
- Where to use the fuse solution
- Market segments for fuses
- Applications for fuses
- Maximum protection of the downstream load
- Safety of operators and maintenance teams